The beginning of a new year can be the perfect start to regular maintenance for your appliances, especially your hard-working dishwasher. We’ll provide easy steps for how to clean your dishwasher, including how to clean the filter and drain.
Quick and Simple Methods for How to Clean Your Dishwasher
Knowing how to clean your dishwasher won’t do much good if you don’t clean it regularly. Our methods for how to clean a smelly dishwasher are simple and fast so they’re easy to replicate throughout the year.
How to Clean Inside a Dishwasher
Are you wondering what is the best way to clean the inside of a dishwasher? With just 3 household staples, the inside of your dishwasher can become clean and fresh in 3 simple steps:
- Vinegar: place a small, dishwasher-safe bowl of white vinegar in the top rack of an empty dishwasher. Run a complete wash cycle with hot water.
- Baking soda: sprinkle a handful of baking soda in the base of the dishwasher. Run a quick wash cycle with hot water.
- Bleach: this optional last step works to get rid of mildew. Pour 1 cup of bleach in the base of an empty dishwasher and run a wash cycle. Skip this step if your dishwasher has a stainless steel interior.
Learning how to clean your dishwasher has never been so easy!
How to Clean a Dishwasher Filter
Knowing how to clean a dishwasher filter will improve your dishwasher’s performance and banish smelly mold and mildew. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove dishwasher’s bottom rack.
- Locate and remove filter.
- Hand wash in warm, soapy water. Gently scrub stubborn debris with a soft toothbrush.
- Replace filter.
How to Clean a Clogged Dishwasher
If you notice your Bosch dishwasher not draining or any dishwasher appears clogged the drain could likely use a cleaning. Here’s how to clean a clogged dishwasher drain:
- Clean out your garbage disposal: your dishwasher and disposal often share a drain and debris can quickly clog it. Run the disposal and remove any remaining debris.
- Clean your air gap: If you have an air gap, it also needs to be checked for clogs. Remove the cap and clean any visible debris.
- Break up drain clogs: pour a mixture of vinegar and baking soda down your dishwasher’s drain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Chase with boiling water to remove clogs.
These quick and simple methods for how to clean your dishwasher make it easy for regular dishwasher maintenance to be part of your New Year’s resolution! And if your maintenance reveals the need for a dishwasher repair, give A+ Appliance Repair a call for fast and reliable assistance!