Loading the dishwasher is about more than cramming in as many items as possible. Proper loading techniques can improve dishwasher performance and save you time and energy. From the upper rack to the silverware basket, we’ll review how to load a Samsung dishwasher for cleaner dishes every time.
How to Load a Samsung Dishwasher: A Rack-by-Rack Guide to Cleaner Dishes
Does your dishwasher leave dishes dirty after a wash cycle? It may not be your appliance that’s the problem. Our guide details how to load a Samsung dishwasher so every item emerges sparkling clean. But first, here are some pre-loading tips that can make a big difference.
Before You Load Your Samsung Dishwasher
How to load a Samsung dishwasher for the best performance starts with a little planning. These pre-loading tips can pave the way to better results:
- Utilize All Features: Your dishwasher has foldable or removable parts to accommodate almost any dishwashing need. Consult your manual to utilize all the options it provides and maximize cleaning potential.
- Remove Large Food Particles: Scrape off larger particles and waste to avoid damaging your dishwasher or dishes.
- Use the Proper Setting and Detergent Amount: Double check your cycle setting based on what you’re washing and its soil level. Always use the manufacturer’s recommended amount of detergent and rinse aid.
How to Load the Upper Rack
How to load a Samsung dishwasher upper rack starts with utilizing the space correctly with the right items. Follow these tips to load the upper rack properly:
- Reserve the upper rack for small plates, cups, glasses, bowls, and plastic items.
- Place items upside down and at an angle for better access to detergent and improved rinsing.
- Utilize options such as the glass support rack to safely secure delicate stemware or remove it to accommodate additional items.
How to Load the Lower Dish Rack
Dishwasher loading tips for the lower rack involve proper positioning for larger items. Here’s how to load the lower rack for cleaner dishes:
- Place larger items such as dinner dishes, pots, serving dishes, and mixing bowls on the lower rack.
- Face dishes inward and place pots and bowls upside down for better access to spray arms.
- Place larger platters along the perimeter of the rack if they don’t fit in a designated slot.
How to Load the Silverware Basket
Knowing how to load a Samsung dishwasher properly includes the silverware basket. Here’s how to load your silverware for better cleaning results:
- Avoid nesting by alternating forks and spoons next to each other.
- As a safety precaution, place knives upside down. Spoons and forks can be placed right side up, with their handles down.
- The silverware basket can be repositioned on the door’s interior or in other rack locations to accommodate larger loads. Consult your owner’s manual to determine if this is an option for your model dishwasher.
Dishwasher Loading Mistakes
Sometimes knowing how not to load a dishwasher is just as helpful as knowing the right techniques. Avoid these common loading mistakes for cleaner dishes:
- Avoid Overcrowding: Squeezing in too many items limits their access to water and detergent, leaving dishes dirty. Ensure that all space is properly utilized, handwashing extra items, or saving them for another load.
- Skip the Pre-Rinse: Aside from scraping off large particles, rinsing each dish prior to loading is unnecessary. Your dishwasher can handle the grime and it can even improve detergent performance.
- Perform Regular Maintenance: Proper cleaning should be part of regular dishwasher maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
If your dishwasher still isn’t performing as it should, it may be time for a professional assessment. For rapid assistance, call the Samsung dishwasher experts at A+ Appliance Repair.